BUTHELEZI - Turn Around Baby (1988)

Teal Trutone, NMB1
Producer: Nhlanhla Buthelezi
Engineer: Dannie Stevenson
Recorded at: Blue Tree


Weird and wonderful synthesizer album from one Nhlanhla Buthelezi from Mashayimpukane in Newcastle, Kwazulu-Natal. It's downtempo disco with gospel and reggae touches. Guitar work by Sagila Khumalo of Steadville, Ladysmith. The six-track album is decidicated to: "Rev. Snicks Luvundo and Vusi Khonlelwayo, young tycoon of Madedeni Township for giving me strength and encouragement, which I needed."

Titles include "Thanks USA for Afrika", "Tenth Year Anniversary Love" and "Donna Summer"...

"What about my application?
What about my application in our heart, Donna Summer?
because you are my angel, of music in my heart. 

No matter how far from SA, no matter how far from my land, 
I'm still waiting for my reply."


No comments:

Post a Comment