January '17

Hola majita! This is AFROSYNTH, the realest African selection...

This month we bring you classic grooves by the likes of OZIAS and RUSH, as well as Congolese star JOHNNY BOKELO ISENGE and plenty more.

To purchase still-sealed copies of these and other albums, email djokapi[at]gmail.com!

FABASI - D.O.L. (Ducks of London) (1989)

Black Talent/EMI, BTMR(O)038   
Producers:  Jonjo & Mlungisi   
Engineer: Great Duiker       


Tough, pre-kwaito pop that draws heavily on Brenda and Chicco from the same period. According to the Soweto-born singer, "My aim is to write good songs. I want people to know that I enjoy myself when I perform and I sing because I enjoy it, not out of vanity. I sometimes just like opening my mouth and yelling! I further like keeping in shape because looking good is part of my performance." Featuring killer synth work from Peter "Chilly Tshabalala", also of CO Connexion.