January '17

Hola majita! This is AFROSYNTH, the realest African selection...

This month we bring you classic grooves by the likes of OZIAS and RUSH, as well as Congolese star JOHNNY BOKELO ISENGE and plenty more.

To purchase still-sealed copies of these and other albums, email djokapi[at]gmail.com!

TAKE 5 - Take 5 (1992)

Diamond/Tusk, TUH39     
Producer: Ories Khoza                        


Super-catchy Shangaan pop from the early 90s with some English tracks like 'Live For The Weekend', 'Life Sweet', 'Come On To Take Five Band' and the bittersweet 'It's Alright Now':
 
"People used to tell me
I could make it on my own,
but every time I tried,
you know I found myself alone.
So I went to my neighbour,
I said, 'Neighbour I need your help.'
She said, 'I can't help you sister,
you see I'm looking for it myself.'"